So I guess this is my final hurrah of summer… I’ll be heading to Florida with J and his fam to Tampa and Orlando to do some sight seeing, beaching, and, of course (😁) Disneying!
No, this is not an alcohol related post.
When I was younger, I was so captivated by butterflies I took to capturing them, in a jar, in my hands… In one instance remember watching in amazement as a pale yellow butterfly fluttered around in the cave of my hands. But then I noticed something: when I trapped it in my hands, a dusty residue would appear. Trying to keep it from flying away, I cupped my hands a hair tighter until I could feel its wings beating gently against my palms.
Wow this summer has definitely flown by at record speed. Come August 24th I’ll be packed up and shipped south, where I’ll set up reside with my lovely room mate and begin a new chapter in university life. It’s so exciting looking forward, but I also wanna take some time to reflect on some of the things hat have made this summer so awesome.
I know there are those people who do the “what’s in my purse” posts, and I’m excited for this slightly bigger version.
- Pens. Because you never know when you’re gonna have to take notes, sign a contract, or stab something.
- Notebook. For those ideas that come to mind, journal entries, doodles, and for recording other useful info.
- Wallet. Because I’d be practically lost without cash, ID, credit card, coupons, membership cards, and whatever change I can fit in there.
- Hair/Face accessories. Includes but isn’t limited to bobby pins (stupid flyaways/last minute hair dos), safety pins (fashion malfunctions!), comb, hairties, floss, and sunglasses.
- Makeup Bag. With all the goodies inside.
- Gum/Emory Board. For those deadly hangnails and dates with lots of garlic in the food.
- Lotion/Sanitizer/Lip Balm. Moisturize and sanitize. Nuff said.
- Phone. An every day staple.
- Cube/Charging cable. For when you’re on your last legs of battery.
- Personal care items. For when BO and/or Mother Nature hits you with a surprise.
- Water bottle (!!!!!)
- clothes (depends)
- camera (though often I use a phone.. but when I can afford a new one…!!!)
- external battery pack
- fooooooooooood (because duh)
- mini roll of duct tape
Our sermon-giver then pans his camera over the Holy City, making mention of the walls dividing Israel and Palestine. He says that he’s confused as to why the walls exist, if for no other reason than a difference in religious views. He says that in times like these it’s important to break down walls, not build them up, that the key to understanding and acceptance and inner peace is to expose yourself to as many new and different ideas that you can, to either mesh with or compliment your own.
What a wonderful gift.
I don’t know where my life would be without it. I feel like I am the type of person who would go insane if music did not exist.
Whether I am appreciating the music of others or making some on my own… It’s always a form of remedy and hope and good vibes. And that sounds cheesy, but honestly… Whenever I feel off…if I’m able to find the right tune, my mood can change in a matter of minutes. I absolutely love the fact that music can match your heartbeat (or even elevate it), make you want to move, bring you to tears (sad, happy, angry), perfectly describe your feelings, and distract from hard situations.